Grammarly is a good tool for cross-checking the articles you have written.
But also, at the same time, it has its cons like not working properly every time, it lags while cross-checking the article and many others.
So, if you also want to see the alternatives of Grammarly want to see their pros and cons, then this article is just for you. I will mention both pros and cons of the website.
Before we start, these are not ranked by some criteria. It is just randomly written as I tested or learned about it.
Scribes is a great website for checking grammatical mistakes. The main highlights of the sites are:-
- Finding and correcting both grammatical and spelling mistakes.
- Allows importing the files for checking.
- It gives the option to choose from British or American English.
- Extensions are available for almost all browsers, so you don’t need to visit the website every time.
- Provides API to be integrated on any site.
- It gives different useful options like export, share, print.
- The premium plan is more affordable than Grammarly.
However, this site also has some cons. The main cons of the website are :
- Not that much accurate in finding the grammatical errors.
- Sometimes its algorithm gets confused in spelling with grammar.
- Don’tDon’t check plag like Grammarly.
- The site doesn’t have specific information about what they offer in premium.
Reverso.net is another free tool for checking spelling and grammatical mistakes.
Pros Of Raverso:
- Good for spelling check. At some points, it is better than scribens.net.
- Have a good translator for translating your article in more than 18 languages.
- Along with translation, it will also take care of the grammatical part.
- Supports different types of extension files like doc, PDF, Excel files.
- Have a separate software for Windows users.
Cons Of Reverso:
- Not that good at grammar checking.
- The extension is only available for Firefox, not chrome or other browsers.
- Not have any dedicated software users.
Now with the name, you can understand what the site is all about; let’s see the main features of the website.
Pros Of SpellCheck24:
- As its name is spellcheck24, it does a good job of spelling checking.
- Checks grammatical errors.
- Supports more than Ten languages.
- Have extensions for almost every browser.
- Provides important options such as print.
- Can directly upload and check PDF files.
Cons of SpellCheck24:
- Most features like printing and uploading pdf/files need to register on the website. These features can’t be used directly without registering on the site. At the same time, other sites provide these options.
- They will always try to sell their premium, even when you check an article. It explains why most of their features are only for registered users so, and they can send you mail to sell premium.
Grammar & Spell Checker — LanguageTool:
Grammar & Spell Checker — LanguageTool, as you can see, is a direct extension available for almost all browsers. Let’sLet’s see the main highlights of this plugin.
Cons Of Grammar & Extension Checker:
- Check Grammar and Spelling errors accurately.
- The extension is available for every web browser.
- Since it is an extension, it can directly help you with typing.
- Can help with writing emails etc.
- Its premium is more affordable than Grammarly.
- Supports different types of languages.
Cons of Grammar & Extension Checker:
- Since it is only an extension, you can’t use it on your mobile devices.
- Sometimes problems in syncing with online writing tools like Google Docs.
- Doesn’tDoesn’t support more file types in its free version.
Now, this is not a spelling nor a grammar check dedicated tool but, you can use it. It offers a very basic grammar and spelling check. The spelling check is accurate, but it lags on the grammatical part. You can use it to write and save simple documents. All you need is a Google account.
Now, none of these tools is that accurate so, and you can mix these tools to get a great result from them. Many of these are not best when working alone, and as compared to them, Grammarly offers many mores, so it is better to use them together.
While writing articles, emails or documents, grammar and spelling plays an important role.
It might be possible that the person reading it might have some knowledge of grammar, and he can easily judge your article without reading the full article.
Now the problem is not everyone knows that much grammar. So, these tools help writers focus on their content rather than thinking about grammatical and spelling mistakes.